Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pulitzer Prize

Kevin Carter, the photo-journalist who won the Pulitzer prize but died soon after (pple speculate tat he may haf commited suicide).

The picture distinctly illustrated the poverty of the country.. famine in Sudan in 1994.. But the qn on everyone’s mind was how he could walk away from that child.. There were a lot of comments that he was inhumane and cold-blooded to leave the child to die..

But who are we to judge him.. If I had been in his shoes, I may haf been scared to approach the child for fear that the vulture may attack me.. And maybe the child did not die at all.. Maybe he crawled to safety..

Digressing - I remember talking about this to my galfren in Maersk.. in the ladies.. haha.. rem SLI? Haha.. I miss u.. I miss our chats in the loo.. =) I miss callin u all by ur initials.. SLI, LZH, CYP.. we were the four musketeers.. 1 4 all, all 4 1.. rem LZH? Hahah..

1 comment:

-broken angel- said...

Yes, he got depressed after taking this picture and committed suicide. Well, at least tt's what I heard.... It is, indeed, a very very sad picture. And a struggle for photo-journalists too. He took the picture, but I dont think he could have helped the girl [professionalism and all that]...