Saturday, August 30, 2008

MARRIAGE!!! GREAT NEWS!!

There's no word to describe exactly how I feel rite now!

One of my best fren just told us that she is plannin to get hitched in Jun '09. Hopefully, the 19th since that was the day they met.. how sweet!!! i hope that the date works out auspicious for u both! U shd haf seen the looks of joy on our faces when we heard the news! hey.. send me the pic we took earlier.. grinnin like Cheshire cats.. I wanna post it here..!

She was talkin of venues and guest list and attires! (actually more like we were talkin abt it..) We (my gfs n i) need to get the SAME sari 2 wear.. we haf to start shopping soon!! =) The bride-2-be got the idea after seeing Elizabeth Hurley's indian wedding with the bride's family in pink and groom's in orange.. Well, we can't refuse the bride-2-be, can we?! Unfortunately, I can't seem to find such an image on the net dear.. can u send me the pics if u haf them? I'll post it here.. Many sites only have images taken at the wedding in Wales.. According to many sites, women attending the wedding had been told to wear pink saris. Male guests including David Beckham and Elton John had to wear turbans and kurtas in orange.

My frens are also contemplating on gettin their own apartment.. naturally, we can haf sleepovers there.. haha.. Jokes aside, I think this is a major step and it is also the start of the rest of their lives together.. I couldnt get my jaw to shut close after I heard this! I can understand how overwhelming this must seem.. with all responsibilities kickin in..

As unofficial bridesmaids, we are gonna pitch in to plan the wedding of cos! First and foremost, we are gonna start a grp blog to document steps taken for the weddin as much as we can.. from the preparation to the actual wedding.. We will add to the blog a countdown timer of the date of the wedding once its been set.. then we will sit on the wedding committee chaired by the groom.. hehe..

hey gfs, haf i missed out anythin? I couldnt wait to get home n blog abt this!! Pls let me know.. there's SO MUCH to do.. SO LIL time!! there's less than a yr to plan this whole wedding!!

Deepz darling n Priveen bro.. We wish u all the best! WE LURVE U BOTH!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Think you got everything down dear...urgh... must it be orange... *sighs*...

Anu said...

haha.. no shamz.. it doesnt have to be orange! but i think u will look gd in it! y r u unwilling to even give it a try?? when we go shopping, we look for colours and all k..

Vanitha said...

So exciting!! Looking forward to the sari shopping with u girls :)

Anu said...

haha.. when do u think we shd start? we must get a date when all of us can make it k..
hopefully, priya can make it down as well..