Thursday, August 21, 2008

the alphabet game..

I recently had the chance to read ‘The Dangerous Alphabet’ by Neil Gaiman. It is a tale told in twenty-six alphabetical lines (the alphabet is not in sequence though).

This prompted me to write my own… hehe..
It’s not a story.. it’s not a poem either..
It’s just some things that I wrote as they came to mind..
It may not make much sense,
But then again, those who know me will tell u that that’s just me..

Anu is the gal who writes this tale
Beishu is a figment of a distant memory
Calendar days or working days.. to-may-to, to-mar-to.. (tomato)
Doughnuts are best coated with plain confectionary sugar
Examples are useful, I’ve learnt, to prove a point
Falling in love is sinful
Giving up is the easiest thing to do
Hearts should never be worn on sleeves
Ice-cream should be licked not eaten
Jockeys should learn to grow a few feet
K9s are dogs, wolves, jackals, foxes!
Lunch with my fav bunch I love
Myriad of emotions running thru my mind
Nobody is stupid in this world’ is my mum’s fav line
Obsolete is the next word
Please, pretty please with sugar on top
Queen I am.. so treat me as such
Roses are red, violets are blue is the most written poem in autograph bks
Shallow are the thoughts of a suspicious being
Thoughts are what matter, the battle’s already won
U haf to be gorgeous for the world to recognize u
Vanna White is so pretty on the Wheel of Fortune
What in heavens has gotten into me?!
Xmas is not around the corner
Y is the world so cruel to me?
Zilch is the word that comes to mind!


Y don't u try it too? =)

No comments: