Sunday, September 21, 2008

SURPRISE!

My parents 25th wedding anniversary fell on 11/09/2008. I told them that I would bring them out for dinner on Sun (14/09/2008). They were under the impression that it was only gonna be the 6 of us.. mum, dad, granny, me, bro & maid.. However, my bro & I had planned sth else.. =)

Venue: Banana Leaf Apollo, Little India Arcade
Time: 7-10pm
Guests: 50! (didnt realise how big my family was til I sat down to make the list!)

Silver jubilee.. surprise!
My dad was still talking abt it the following wk.. =)

I’m glad I could do sth 4 them.. we had lotsa fun too.. here are some pics!

Stupid cake lady spelt my mum’s name wrongly! I WAS MAD!! but it was quite funny in the end.. haha.. the cake was delivious.. it’s Etoile Chocolate cake from Sweet Secrets.. it just melts in ur mouth.. it’s a combination of sponge and mousse cake.. yummy..

All liked the food as well.. Bro n I had gone there 2 wks earlier for food tasting.. ended up paying for all tat too!! Silly place... charges for food tasting.. honestly, I wouldn’t recommend tat place to anyone! :P

We hadn’t actually planned any programme for the day.. It was just supposed to be dinner and cake-cutting..
But on that day, the program went like this:
- Everyone arriving before my parents did.. very very surprising! A feat considering that it’s my family..
- Surprising my parents, hugging them, wishing them, giving them gifts..
- Getting everyone seated & Sasi giving his welcome speech.. totally spontaneous!
- Time for buffet dinner.. dessert (ice-cream) was yummy!
- Cake-cutting time..
- My parents requested that we all shd sing!! N so we did.. I was afraid that the restaurant owner was gonna come chase us out for making all that noise!! My family is sooo noisy!


It was also my uncle’s 55th bday 2 days before.. and so we celebrated that as well..

Actually there were so many occasions during those few days; lemme see if I rem all:
11th – my parents’ wedding anniversary
12th – my aunt & uncle’s wedding anniversary
12th – uncle’s 55th bday
12th – cousin’s 17th bday
13th – cousin’s 18th bday
13th – cousin’s wedding anniversary
Haiz.. I’m exhausted just typing out the list!

An absolutely awesome weekend!

No comments: