Tuesday, September 23, 2008

F1 frenzy..

I’m not sure how many of u know that I’m working as a usher for the F1 event.. Well, I used to usher at NUS UCC during my Uni days.. For the F1, the SG Grand Prix people got in touch with UCC mgmt and asked for ushers.. so even the senior ushers who’d left Uni and had started workin (like me!) were invited..

Yesterday evening was the recce of the area.. the ushers had to meet at the Singapore Flyer at 5.30pm.. A few frens & I met up at City Hall mrt @ 4.45pm.. We met Clarissa @ City Hall!! She & Abel had met for lunch as it was her birthday n the poor dear was goin home to give tuition! We took pics @ the mrt n all.. haha

Now, back to the walk to the SG flyer, it was freakin hot!! We were perspiring by the time we got to the flyer! There we ran to the air-conditioned restaurant.. haha.. then soon ran back out cos Abel had his camera out!! N we all wanted to be on it! Hehe..

So while the attendance takin was goin on.. N since the Grand Prix (GP) guys who were supposed to bring us on the recce were late! We took plenty of shots.. many many shots! :)

Here’s one of them.. It’s a pic of Team A.. taken by a Team C guy and edited to be a wonderful ‘video’ by a Team B guy.. Wat unity! =) I hope the blog can capture the ‘video’ effect of the pics.. Abel is Mr Pro Cameraman! Mr JingKai too… I miss all these guys! Can’t believe it has been ages since we caught up!

After the recce, we decided to go for dinner even though we were soooo tired .. actually we were planning this while waiting for the recce to start.. haha.. Hannah, with her compulsive obsessive laughter, had a craving for Jap pasta @ Shukodu @ City Link.. So we all trudged over.. Cheng Chuan, Hannah & myself walked over and booked the place while the rest got their cars from the various different locations (SG Flyer & Marina Sq) n got to CityLink. Ooh.. wat yummy delicious food..

Digressing: Alicia got me started on Jap food once.. and after that.. it seems like everywhere I go, my frens only wanna eat Jap food! Thus far, I’ve eaten @ Waraku, Sun&Moon, Shokudo, this Jap bakery (can’t rem the name)…
Well.. there are lots & lots & LOTS of pics of the food we ate.. we loved posing with our food..! There was a couple at the next table who were eatin Ice Kacang.. and we didn’t know which flavour it was.. so Yeefie dearest asked the waiter! Haha..
I’ll upload the pics as soon as Abel sends them to us! Else, Abel, rem that I’m gonna break into ur Facebook! =)

Oh yeah, how can I not mention Hanwen & Shufang! Long long ago, when I 1st joined UCC as an usher in 2004, seems like eons ago now.. there were this 2 people in Team A.. a boy called Hanwen and a gal called Shufang. A while after workin there, I realized that these 2 were a pair.. befriend 1, get another free! Well.. I just got to know today, that they got married earlier this yr!! N now they have signed up to work for the F1 tog!
Congrats Hanwen & ShuFang! Amazing people really.. Soooooooo happy for them!

Ok, now coming back to dinner.. So in total, there were 8 of us at dinner: ChengChuan, Abel, Jing Kai, Hanwen, Shufang, Yeefang, Hannah and myself!

Let me see if I can rem the catch phrases for the day:
“Food is like a magnet.. It draws me.. closer..”
“I’m SINGLE. Just don’t tell my boyfriend.”

Was in stitches the whole nite! They really crack me up.. I miiiiizzzzzzz these buddies!
We plan on either having a chalet or bbq at the end of the yr!
Wat an AWESOME weekend yet again!! Looking forward to the next one! =)

2 comments:

Vanitha said...

So how was the F1 experience? Tell us about it!

Anu said...

Yeah sure dear.. will email all of u abt it..