Thursday, November 6, 2008

Esplanade shows.. in just a wk..

I went to watch Russell Peters on Mon (3 Nov) & Avenue Q yesterday (5 Nov)..

Both were great!! =)

Russell is HILARIOUS.. was laughin so hard, my cheekbones hurt! lucky I didn't watch his new acts on youtube!! he even had some of Singaporeans doin the DDR! haha.. his jokes are racist, plenty of crude sexual humour.. but they r sooooo funny! We are all a bit racist and sth of a sadist.. hehe.. (a song from Avenue Q..)

When we were leaving the auditorium, I overheard this guy tellin his wife or gf that Russell is biased and terribly racist.. I was like "WAT? Hello..! Dun u know what this guy does as a standup comedian before u paid sooo much to watch him??" How much more ridiculous can u get!!

************************************************************************************

I went to watch Avenue Q with Sakthi.. Sakthi's hilarious.. keke..
(U aren't weird gal.. just different, rem that k.. luv ya neways.. )
We had dinner at TCC & dessert @ Haagen Dazs... yummy.. :)

Avenue Q is a muppet musical.. similar to Sesame Street, except that it's the adult version.. Even though there were pple holding up the muppets & were visibly moving their mouths, we were all concentrating on the muppets.. It wasn't just songs as I thot.. there was a whole story stringin the songs tog... we had a really great time..

All the way home, (to the mrt station at least), we were drunk on the songs.. "it sux to be me, it sux to be me, sucka sucka sucka sucka, it sux to be me.." hahaha.. =)

There was a very nice song called "There's a fine fine line.."
Here's the lyrics for it..


There's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend;
There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend;
And you never know 'til you reach the top if it was worth the uphill climb.
~
There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.
~
There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie;
And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
I guess if someone doesn't love you back it isn't such a crime,
But there's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of your time.
~
And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore.
I don't think that you even know what you're looking for.
For my own sanity, I've got to close the door
And walk away...
Oh...
~
There's a fine, fine line between together and not
And there's a fine, fine line between what you wanted and what you got.
You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime...
~
There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time.

I would recommend anyone & everyone to go for it.. They will only be here til 16 Nov.

No comments: